A lengthened Lupin jacket.

I started this jacket last October, right before it started to get really cold. It was promptly abandoned so I could make my winter coat.

The Lupin jacket, a Deer and Doe pattern, is normally cropped. I lengthened it by about 4″ for this version. I’ve made one like this before and a couple of the cropped length, they’re all nice jackets!

My aim at the time was a transitional Fall jacket, but that just didn’t happen. By the time I finished the winter coat, the bitter cold was here to stay so this project became a UFO. I had completed everything except the sleeve cuffs. The cuffs, for me, are the most difficult step of this jacket. They’re so small! I can sew about an inch at a time before I have to shift the fabric.

Lengthening aside, I made no other adjustments and sewed a size 38.

The shell fabric is a wool suiting from Mood. Its a green and black hounds-tooth pattern, which reminds me of Sherlock Holmes. I’m all set to solve some mysteries in this jacket! The lining fabric is a smooth cotton from my local shop.

Thanks for readingā¤